We are seeking an experienced Accountant for our client based in Prague. Our client is an established worldwide and well- known company with an amazing team that lives by their core values. The company also offers an amazing career development plan.
Senior Accountant is an independent role – the role and responsibilities of this individual will be responsible for running and overseeing all accounting tasks in IFRS, training and coaching team members, assisting in developing financial policies and procedures, and assisting in continuous process improvements.
- Interpret and review financial statements, reports, and spreadsheets.
- Train and coach team members, participate in preparation of cross trainings.
- Support the Team Leaders and Managers with ad hoc projects, cooperation with other functions across the company.
- Participate in more complex accounting projects and initiatives with other members.
- Prepare month-end journals and maintain general ledger records.
- Analysis for assigned accounting entities.
- Prepare and review monthly balance sheet reconciliations and follow up on outstanding balances.
- Complex analysis of revenue and reports.
- Audit necessary journal entries.
- Assist in developing financial policies, procedures, systems and processes.
- Completion and review of internal/external reporting.
- Execution of government reports, tax reporting and ad hoc financial information requests
- Cooperation with internal and external auditors in completing audits.
- Accountable for delivery of associated key performance indicator (KPI)
- Continuous process improvement and making recommendations based on analysis.
- 2+ years of experience in accounting within a multinational organization.
- Strong understanding of how finance fits into the broader strategic picture.
- Experience with reporting of US GAAP/IFRS.
- Numerical excellence and a good understanding of best practices in financial reporting.
- Proven experience with preparation of statutory financial statements and direct/indirect taxes.
- Strong written and spoken English, other EU language is an advantage.
- Good interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a collaborative environment.
- Ability to independently resolve moderate to complex problems.
- Experienced Microsoft Excel user.
- Flexible working hours (fix hours between 10 - 16h)
- Occasional work from home
- 5 weeks of vacation
- 5 sick days
- Cafeteria 4 000 CZK/month (in trial period 1 500 CZK/month)
- Meal vouchers - 100 CZK
- Contributions to ACCA (30 000 CZK)
- Contributions to accident and life insurance
- Contributions to pension (3% from salary)
- Refreshments on workplace (fruit and very good coffee)
- Corporate events